An Optex 402 motion detector is an excellent addition to your home security system. The Optex 402 is designed to detect the presence of motion in its field of vision using two detection fields. The upper detection area stays parallel to the ground at all times, and the lower detection area moves below itódepending upon the switch position. Both the upper and lower detection fields need to be blocked in order to activate the sensor. This prevents innocuous activity from inadvertently setting off the system. Once youíve installed the Optex 402 motion detector, itís important to test it to see that itís working correctly. This way, you can adjust it to meet your requirements in terms of both range and sensitivity.
Testing your Optex 402
- Install the Optex 402 according to the enclosed instructions. Aim the motion detector toward the area you wish to monitor. Take your time with this step; itís important to ensure that everything is installed properly before you go any further.
- Turn the Optex 402 on in test mode. During the test, the Optex 402 will detect motion as it does normally, but it wonít switch off any associated devicesólike an alarm or spotlights. This simply makes it quicker and easier to adjust the settings for your security application.
- Walk in front of the motion detector. This should activate it. If it does, then youíve installed and configured the Optex 402 properly. If not, youíll need to do a few more test adjustments.
- Take the time to determine any faults with your motion detector configuration. If the Optex 402 fails to detect movement when you walk in front of it, you should examine how and where you have installed the sensors. Since the Optex 402 has two detection fields, they need to be in perfect sync for the device to function properly.
- Ensure that your Optex 402 is not detection movement from innocuous objects like a swimming pool, a flag, or some other object. This can cause problems because you need a detector that can discern between background movement and real movement. The dual detection fields help to alleviate any discrepancy.
Choose an Optex 402 motion detector from Spytown for all of your security needs.